Monday, November 8, 2010

Stitches Day 2

Day 2 for me for Stitches saw me sleeping in a bit later than usual. My friend Judy arrived at my house around 8:30, and she drove us there. We got to Stitches around 9:30, and got our stuff, and waited for the shopping/vendor floor to open.

Our plan was shopping in the morning, then we each had a class in the afternoon.

I did a little bit of shopping, I did buy some yarn from Miss Babs – a great independent dyer who had a major crisis this summer – she lost her entire inventory due to smoke damage from a dye pot accidentally left on over night. So both Judy and I went to support her, and we both bought some yarn

I also ended up purchasing a shawl kit (pattern, yarn & beads all together in a nice project bag), and a pair of Signature needles to try. Signatures are the Rolls Royce of needles, and I wanted a pair to try.

After I was done shopping, and I’d gotten a bite to eat, I found a quiet spot at the convention center, and cast on my new shawl kit using my new Signature needles.

My afternoon class was Chart Writing with JC Briar – what a great class! She’s a technical editor, and it absolutely shows in her teaching and hand outs. There were also exercises in the hand outs that we did as we went through class. She’s so organized, and really knows her stuff and how to teach it – I will be very happy to take another class with JC!

After our classes were over, Judy and I both agreed that we didn’t need to do any more shopping, so we got back on the road and she dropped me at home.

It was a great day, and I’m glad Judy had a chance to share it with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment